As a student at Lund University you may, free of charge, download and use certain computer software. These can be downloaded through two different web pages.
Some is found at Studentportalen, for example:
- Star Office, for word processing
- Endnote, for reference management.
This is how you download the software to your computer:
- Log into the student portal www.student.lu.se with your StiL-account.
- Click "My services" > "Download software" i the list at the left hand side.
- Click "Programs for students".
- If you use Internet Explorer, open the folder "Student". Open the folder representing your operating system.
- Open the folder corresponding to the program you want to download.
- Download all the files in the folder and follow the instructions.
- Right click the zip-file and choose "extract all". Double click the exe-file that has been created.
To download the software you must be connected to the university network. If you are outside campus you can reach the network by using a VPN-client. Information about where to get the client is found at the student portal.
Matlab, Comsol and Maple
Matlab, Comsol and Maple are widely used by physicists, mathematicians and engineers. To download it, go to http://program.ddg.lth.se/, log in with your StiL-account and follow the instructions for each software.