Information från Canvas-gruppen
We would like to recommend you to join the course Go online (CoVid-19). You can both find useful tips on what tools you can use in order to flip a planned physical session to a digital one as well as ask questions and read previous ones in the discussion forums. The course is available in both Swedish and English and can be found through the links below. Please do not forget to click on the “Join this course” button on the top right corner in order to activate the discussion forum and receive notifications when new information is published:
- Swedish: https://canvas.education.lu.se/enroll/WT7D6E
- English: https://canvas.education.lu.se/enroll/YHLERR
Our online virtual support room in Zoom is now also open for all (including those of you who are not currently using Canvas) and will be staffed Monday to Friday between 8-17. You can use it to speak to our Canvas support team who will do their best in answering your questions and helping you choose or test a digital tool. Please click on the following link to visit us: https://lu-se.zoom.us/j/908579222.
If you are absolutely new to Canvas and don’t know where to start you can make use of some of the recourses that we have created a for you. Our aim has been to bring together the most relevant type of information that you might need when you first get started. You can access them here:
- Course calender. You can find all training opportunities given at Lund University, you can find both basic Canvas courses, but also more advanced courses in for example how to handle assignments, videos etc.
- Canvas 1-2-3 or “Build your course in five steps”. We highly recommend this resource as a place to start. It is available in both Swedish and English and follows the way we usually structure our training sessions with smaller groups. The most crucial part of getting your course going is to agree on a structure. If you feel insecure about this please get in touch and we will do our best to give you some feedback.
- Self-Study Course: The self-study course can be seen as a place to return to when you want to know more about a specific function.
- Swedish and English: https://canvas.education.lu.se/courses/15
- Check-list before going Live: Once you are happy with you course, please visit this check-list. It will help you check if the course is properly published, validate your links etc.
- Swedish and English: https://canvas.education.lu.se/courses/1233
If you want more. There are a lot of resources available in English from the company Instructure online. So whenever you have a question or feel stuck you can most likely just google search it and get a good answer.There is also an active community that you can join through the following link https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/guides
Please note that the capacity and connectivity of our digital tools seem to vary from day to day as more and more users go digital. Having said that we are receiving continuous feedback from these systems that they are working hard to expand and support the massive demand and we are impressed with how quickly they have been able to respond. For the most up to date information regarding this please visit the Go online (CoVid-19) where we will keep you posted.
Instruktionsfilmer från HKr om Canvas
Högskolan Kristianstad har gjort en utmärkt samling av filmer som är handfasta instruktioner för man gör specifika saker i Canvas. Observera dock att det kan finnas skillnader mot vår installation, t.ex. kör vi ju inte Zoom inuti Canvas. Många generella funktioner är dock samma.
Högskolan Kristianstad har gjort en utmärkt samling av filmer som är handfasta instruktioner för hur man gör specifika saker i Canvas. Observera dock att det kan finnas skillnader mot vår installation, t.ex. kör vi ju inte Zoom inuti Canvas. Många generella funktioner är dock samma.
Canvas: Postpone feedback and grading to students
Decide for yourself on when to make your feedback and gradings available for the students. This could be ideal in many cases, for instance the following:
· You wish all students to have access feedback and/or gradings at the same time
· There are several teachers that perform feedback and gradings together
· You wish to be able to make changes on your feedback/grading during this process
Default mode is that the students get access to your feedback and grading at once. To change this, go to Grades/Omdömen in your course, click the cog wheel to the right, click Grade Posting Policy and select Manually Post Grades
See instructions in this video:
Detailed instructions in Swedish: