Home exams with allowed aids
If you have an exam for which there are allowed aids such as the course literature etc., you can easily transfer the exam to bevome a home exam. This is preferably done through a Canvas assignment.
Things to consider:
- Create a new module in Canvas called Exam. Move it to the top of the modules and link to it carefully from your start page (if it is not Modules). Add a new Assignment therein.
- Make the assignment available from the beginning of the normal exam time, and perhaps an hour after exam time. Set a deadline when the exam was supposed to have ended. Late submissions will be marked LATE.
- Do not select URKUND.
- If the students want to ask questions, give them your phone number or email address. If you set up a discussion in the exam module, please note that you will not be notified when someone writes a comment.
Home exams without allowed aids
If you have an exam for which there are SOME allowed aids, you might be able to do the same as above - only restrict the time available for writing.
You might also have home exam writing under some supervision. For that Zoom can work - if the students have web cameras.
- Open Zoom, or download: https://lu-se.zoom.us/
- Schedule a meeting
- Topic: Exam, Name of course + course code
- Video participation for participants: OFF (but ask them to turn it on before the exam starts)
- Check Mute participants on entry
- Add alternative host, email address
- Share the link to the students - invite attendees.
Conferences in Canvas works the same way (partly).
- In your Canvas course, go to Conferenses/Konferenser in the left menu and create a new conference. Make sure everyone has their cameras on and their mic turned off.