- Yesterday, 21 November 2018, at 11.45 an explosion occurred in the Enoch Thulin Laboratory, Division of Combustion Physics
- The Enoch Thulin Laboratory was evacuated immediately and a rescue operation by the fire brigade was started at 11.47
- The entire Fysicum complex was evacuated at around 12.15 by the fire brigade for safety reasons.
- The rescue operation was finished by around 3 p.m.
- An explosion occurred in close proximity to an air compressor on the combustion ”rig”
- The wall towards the university road outside was blown away and significant damage occured inside the building.
- Two people on the outside of the building were thrown to the ground. One of them suffered minor injuries and both were shocked. One of them was taken care of by the occupational health service, the other by the primary care. The police is in contact with both of them.
- Otherwise nobody suffered from physical injuries.
- Significant damage occured on the outside of the building (cars).