Master's programme in Physics - Materials science - Courses
For students starting in 2020 or later
The following two courses are mandatory:
- Quantum Mechanics, FYSN17 and
- Experiments in Research and Society, FYSN21
In addition, you need to take three of the following five courses:
- Physics and Chemistry of Surfaces, FYST19
- Spectroscopy and the Quantum Description of Matter, FYST20
- Scanning Probe Microscopy, FYST42
- Modern X-ray Physics, FYST51
- Statistical Mechanics, FYTN15
For students who started before 2020
The following course is mandatory:
- Experiments in Research and Society, FYSN21 (formerly FYSN11)
In addition, you need to take three of the following six courses:
- Advanced Electromagnetism, FYSN23
- Computational Physics.FYTN03
- Experimental Tools, FYSN15
- Optics and Optical Design, FYST43
- Quantum Mechanics, FYSN17
- Statistical Mechanics,FYTN15
Each of these courses includes 7.5 ECTS credits. If you have taken an equivalent course during your Bachelor education, the requirement is already fulfilled.
Furthermore, a Master's project of 30 or 60 ECTS is mandatory.
All other courses can be chosen freely, as long as the following requirements are fulfilled:
- A total of 120 ECTS credits.
- A minimum of 90 ECTS credits of advanced courses (including the Master's project).
- A minimum of 90 ECTS credits of physics (including the Master's project).