Write & Publish
The Physics Library may help you with questions concerning scientific writing, reference management and publishing.
If you want to know more about writing, both within and outside the academy, and which sources to use in different types of texts read our library guide about writing, sources and reference management.
- A Guide for students at general level (in Swedish) on Lund University Libriaries website
- A Guide for students at advanced level on Lund University Libraries website
- A Guide for Physicists and Astronomers on Lund University Libraries website
Most new research articles are automatically added to Lund University’s research portal. If you miss any of your publications, you have to register them in the portal by yourself. Contact the Physics library if you have any questions about the research portal. At Lund University Staff Pages you find information about how to add information into the editing interface LUCRIS.
Information about how to publish a doctoral thesis is available on the Faculty of Science website. Degree thesis shall be registered in the database LUP Student Papers.
- Information about LUCRIS on the Lund University Staff Pages
- Link to LUP - Lund University Student Papers on the Lund University Libraries website
- Information about publishing a PhD thesis at the natural science faculty website
- Information about publishing a PhD thesis at the LTH website (in Swedish)
In Lund University’s policy on publishing, researchers are encouraged to publish Open Access as much as possible to increase research visibility, use and impact. On the Lund University library’s web pages about Open Access, you can read about the research funders requirements and what kind of support for publishing fees there are. Please, Lund University has a search tool where you may search among journals to see if the publishing fee is covered by an agreement with the publishers. Contact us if you have questions about Open Access.
• University library information pages about Open Access
• Search tool for publishing agreements at Lund University (external website)
If you need help with creating a data management plan, LU offers the following tool: DMPRoadmap. The libraries at Lund University have a web page about research data, where you can read about publishing this kind of data. You are welcome to the library with your questions about data management and data publishing.
• DMPRoadmap at the Staff pages
• Information about research data at the libraries on Lund University’s website
The Physics and Astronomy library can support you with some bibliometrics tasks if there is time. Contact us to discuss this.
To use other people’s images may be tricky when it comes to copyright. If you need an image, we recommend you to first search in the image database Britannica ImageQuest. All images in this database are free to use for students and researchers at Lund University in pedagogic contexts, like student projects and education.